Condiments Tea Towels Tutorial
Posted on November 18 2013
One of our new products this year is the Condiments Tea Towels Gift Set, which is madeÂ for the ultimate foodie as it celebrates many Brits' favorite condiments in a unique way. These quirky tea towels come in multiple designs, with their creative flare and a 1 liter Kilner jar which can be washed and used in their kitchen to store things such as pasta, biscuits and rice, or for the more savvy cooks, homemade jams and chutneys.Â This gift set really gives you the chance to be creative if you buy one of the classic outline versions as it comes with fabric crayons that you can decorate the tea towels with. In order to create a beautiful design with the crayons simply color the tea towel as you please and then place a clean sheet of paper of cloth over it and iron the towel to make the design permanent. To make it as easy for you as possible, we have made a simple tutorial on how to decorate these tea towels so that you can impress your friends and family with your newfound artistry:
Condiments Tea Towels Tutorial from Victoria Eggs on Vimeo.
In addition, here are some step-by-step instructions for designing your Tea Towel:
1) Choose which outline design you would like to use: Brown Sauce or Tomato Ketchup
2) Find a flat, smooth surface on which you can place the Tea Towel down
3) Apply the Fabric Crayon to the towel and begin colouring as you please
4) If you are satisfied with your design, cover it with a sheet of paper and press over it with a hot iron to set the dyes. If you are not happy with your design, DO NOT iron it, just simply wash it and start over.
5) After you have ironed your towel, the design is now permanent and washable.
6) Send us your finished design at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it on our Facebook & Twitter pages.
*If you do not trust your artistic skills to decorate these yourself, the Condiments Tea Towels also come in colored designs that you can order instead. The Brown Sauce design comes in grey and the Tomato Ketchup design comes in pink.