Victoria's Colourful Spiralized Courgette & Chicken Salad
Posted on July 10 2017
I love creating dishes with my spiralizer... it's become somewhat of an obsession to see what you can and can't spiralize! Spiralizing (cutting vegetables or fruit into long ribbons or strips) allows you to substitute pasta for nutritious vegetables along with adding great flavour, it also means that you don't need to buy gluten-free spaghetti if you're gluten free. For example I now used courgetti (spiralized courgette) when cooking Spaghetti Bolognese as a pasta alternative and it's delicious.
For me using fresh ingredients makes for a delicious dinner and I love making something as colourful as possible.
My spiralized salad is colourful and tasty, and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare, making it the perfect summer dish for lunch, dinner, BBQ's or picnics!
For the Salad
2 courgette, spiralized
1 carrot, spiralized
8-12 basil leaves chopped
2 handfuls of colourful tomatoes chopped (the more colourful the better)
1 chicken breast
100g pancetta or feta cheese for a delicious salty taste
3 tbsp mixed seeds (including sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds) or walnuts
For the Dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
juice from half a lemon
- Make dressing by mixing together in a small town or jug olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and lemon, set aside.
- Grill or stir fry chicken breast and chop into small bitesize chunks, set aside
- Fry the pancetta in a frying pan, once cooked and crispy carefully remove the oil and place onto sheets of kitchen roll to further absorb excess oil.
- Spiralize the courgette and carrots and cut them into manageable strips
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and basil
- Place the courgette, carrots, tomatoes, basil, seeds, chicken and pancetta (or cheese) into a large bowl and add the salad dressing and mix well.
Serve and enjoy!